Freeport International Baseball Invitational Rules
• This is a wooden bat Invitational. Wooden bats must be used at all age levels, in all games.
• The home/visiting teams will be decided by a coin toss prior to the game.
• No deliberate/intentional running into an opponent. The base runner must avoid
contact with all fielders. Taking out the fielder at second base will be strictly prohibited. If there is avoidable contact, the player will be ejected from the game. Umpires have the final say on the out come of this rule.
• No batting practice, and no infield practice prior to the start of the game. This rule is in effect al all fields.
• A “D.H.” (Designated Hitter) may be used. Starters re-entry rule; re-enter in the original lineup spot.
• Courtesy runners must be used for the pitchers and catchers with two (2) outs only.
• All players must be in a complete uniform, with all jersey’s/team shirts tucked inside
of the baseball pants. Coaches must be wearing a team jersey/shirt as well.
• Batting helmets must remain on the player until they reach an “out-of-play” zone.
• There will be no throwing of any kind of equipment, at any time throughout the
game. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in one (1) warning, followed by an
• Jewelry is not permitted to be worn by players during game play. Medical I.D.’s/
Bracelets are the only exception to this rule.
• Charging an umpire will result in immediate ejection from the current game, a review
of the incident by Invitational officials, the umpires involved, and the Umpire-In-
Chief, and may result in suspension for the remainder of the Invitational.
• Protests of any kind will not be permitted.
• Protesting balls, strikes, the strike zone in general, or any out/safe call will result in
an immediate ejection from the game. At the umpire’s discretion, one (1) warning
may be issued first.
• Five (5) complete innings will constitute an official game. The “Home” team will have
an opportunity to bat five (5) times (if needed). All games will be seven (7) innings
The ten-run-rule will be in effect. Any team with 10+ runs after 5 innings, or 15+ runs
after 4 innings.
• Tobacco products, drugs, and alcohol are strictly prohibited by all players, coaches,
team officials, and umpires will on FIBI premises. There is no exception to this rule. If a situation regarding this rule arises, it is to be reported to an FIBI Tournament Director for review.
• The use of profanity, racial slurs, or any other hurtful/intimidating language, etc., is strictly prohibited. There is no exception to this rule. If a situation regarding this rule arises, it is to be reported to an FIBI Tournament Director for review.
“FIBI Tournament Director” and “Invitational officials” are defined as Freeport International Baseball Invitational Board Members only. This may include, but is not limited to, the President, and Vice-President. If the President and/or Vice-President are not available, ANY FIBI board member may make any game-related decision. The Umpire-In-Chief does NOT have authority to start a game early, end a game early, or call a game for any reason, unless he has already reported to a FIBI Board Member.
The Freeport International Baseball Invitational uses the current Major League Baseball (MLB) rulebook for all games, other than the above rule modifications.
If at any time throughout the Invitational a team does not provide their players with wooden bats, that game will NOT be played, and the Freeport International Baseball Invitational is NOT responsible for scheduling a “make-up” game.
The Freeport International Baseball Invitational is NOT responsible for any games lost due to rain/weather. The FIBI will do their best to reschedule any lost games, if possible. Please note, this will depend on field and team availability.
The Freeport International Baseball Invitational is NOT responsible for any damages, injuries, etc.. throughout the event.